Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Fat, Sick & Nearly Dead

About three months ago, my husband and I watched the documentary "Fat, Sick & Nearly Dead". It was eye-opening! It's about an Australian man in ill-health because of his lousy diet. So he juices organic veggies for 60 days to feed his body micro-nutrients to heal itself. He has chronic hives. I won't tell you the ending, because you have to watch it yourself... but it's pretty awesome. And, let's just say, by the end, Kevin and I ordered a juicer online and got to it!

We wanted to juice for ten days, but ended up only being able to handle 6 with 4 days of salads and such. However, I still enjoy a wonderful glass of micro-nutrients every once in a while.

Here's my favorite drink. My friend from the homeland told me to try apples with carrots... and many sites recommend adding ginger.

First, here's our incredible machine. An investment well worth it.
And here is the juicy food.
I use a green reel the first time to squish the kale (for my husbands health), then I switch the green reel to the orange reel to squish the fruit, and I use what ever kale is left over in the machine for my own drink (for a little health without the bad taste).
Next, I put in the goods. This machine just squeezes the juice out. Simple.




And viola, super green kale juice for Kev, I switch the green reel to orange and throw in my hand full of cut up carrots, sliced pieces of apples (2 pink ladies and 2 granny smith) and one nickle sized piece of ginger.



Oh, it tastes soooo goooood, is good for me, and is so easy!
And, the parts of the food that was discarded after being squeezed ends up in this bowl  -- perfect for your compost pile!
Clean up, kick up your heels and enjoy your healthy snack!

Google: Fat, Sick & Nearly Dead to learn more about the benefits of juicing!

No comments:

Post a Comment