Monday, October 29, 2012

B-day Indulgences

Shew... I finally had an afternoon to just relax! It's my birthday and I took all selfish liberties and pampered myself! I'm of course always on a budget, so it didn't involve any trips to the salon, just at home with products from my cupboards. I got these ideas from my good friend Mandy, and the other from Natural Health magazine. I lost the page that I tore out, so had to make up some of the ingredients, so bear with me.

Beauty Treatment #1... Mission Hair Repair
I haven't been eating the healthiest the past couple weeks, and I've been stressing my tresses out with my job at the barn. I clean horse stalls in the mornings and the dust, the cold weather and over shampooing is getting it fried!  I had to add some nutrients to my hair. So, I grabbed the ingredients that my dear friend Mandy tells me about, and I made me a "Soak."

Here's how it gets after weeks of neglect.

And, here's the ingredients for the "hair soak"
 The essentials for the soak are 2 eggs and oils. I was lucky to have these items on hand: Aloe Vera juice, coconut milk spray, argan oil, olive oil and lemon juice
I mix them all up in a bowl and dump it on my head as good as I can... I suggest wearing an old shirt.

Let it dry for about an hour, or until you're tired of it (p.s. It will get stiff from the egg drying) Then, stick your head under the faucet and shampoo your hair as good as possible. And voila! Healthy hair again.
Now, keep in mind your hair still holds some of the oils, so it is a little thicker than normal, and will look greasy for the night, but after tomorrow's shower, it will look and feel like a million bucks.




Beauty Treatment #2... Mission Detox
Oh, no, my day of pampering wasn't over. Next, I wanted to cleanse my body of toxins. I don't know the science behind any of this, but I love taking baths and Natural Health Magazine suggested this subtle detox, so I figured I'd give it a try.
All I did was take these ingredients and poured them in my bath water:
Since I didn't have the exact recipe, I just guessed:
2 cups of Epsom Salt
1/2 cup of baking soda
1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 green tea with cranberry tea bag - yes, just let it steep beside you

And, there you go. Rub-a-dub and soak in the tub. Give it 20 minutes and supposedly, something good happened to your organs.

So, what a wonderful b-day. I got to do completely frivolous things  And, I didn't have to spend a dime.

No comments:

Post a Comment